Before I post pictures from all the festivities, I'll start with this little slideshow I put together of Sydnie's first year. We had it playing (minus the captions) at her party, and I know all the grandmas and grandpas got a kick out of it. It's AMAZING how much this child has grown in a year!
All done with breakfast. Now onto her gifts from her WONDERFUL great grandparents!
We picked Grandma B up from the airport, and headed to Portobello at Downtown Disney for Sydnie's birthday dinner.

Now onto Saturday, the 24th, for some party pictures!! The day was a WHIRLWIND!! Matt and I were up early, showering, having breakfast, and downing as much coffee as we could before the chaos began. Terry, Kellee, Mom, and I got started on some of the food and set-up early on. We had gotten some decorations out the night before, but still had a bit to do that day. Mom and I ran out to pick up the cake, and have balloons blown up (little did I know that had I dropped the DANG balloons off ahead of time, they'd have had them ready for us on Saturday. That would've saved us about 45 minutes! Oh well!) We RACED home, with about 30 minutes to spare before guests would be arriving. Everyone was scrambling to get things "pretty", and to get food out and ready. It was so awesome to have all of our parents' help that day... I really don't know how we would've pulled the day off without them!
Everyone started to arrive JUST as things were officially "guest ready". My feet were already so sore, but I put on my game face, and we had SUCH a great time!
Sydnie's birthday banner, handmade by Mama.
Party favors, handmade by Mama
AMAZING cake topper!
Food setup
Dad and Matt at the grill

Buffet line. Carne Asada tacos, chicken kabobs, cornbread muffins, bean and corn salad, and green salad. YUM.
Buffet line. Carne Asada tacos, chicken kabobs, cornbread muffins, bean and corn salad, and green salad. YUM.
The birthday girl!!
Sydnie's gifts
Her new play set from us











No comments:
Post a Comment