Friday, January 29, 2010

Eff You, Reflux.

That's pretty much how I feel about acid reflux.

I had horrible cases of it while I was pregnant with both kids, and now my poor boy has it too. So I could only imagine how much his little chest and throat were burning, if it took me down the way it did. I tried just about every "natural" approach I found, but not much worked for Parker. I finally gave up, and took him to our pediatrician, Dr. Lee. She suggested a teaspoon of rice cereal for every ounce of milk he drank. I am almost exclusively breastfeeding, other than the occasional pumped bottle of milk, so I wondering how in the world I was going to pull off the rice cereal approach. I tried it at one feeding, and hated it. And I could tell that Parks wasn't a fan either. So onto step one thousand and two. Dr. Lee prescribed Zantac for Little Man. I didn't love the idea of a prescription drug for my one month-old, but she assured me that it was 100% safe. Parks has done pretty well on the Zantac so far, and seems to be quite a bit happier. And this makes for one happy mama.

We are still not sleeping though. Well, two out of the four Chicos are sleeping well, but I am part of the half that is not. It's SO HARD not to compare Parker to Sydnie because, well, they are two totally different children, but by the 6 week mark with Sydnie we were getting at least one 5 hour stretch. Not so much this time around. My longest stretch of sleep in the last month and a half has been 3 hours! (Insert crying emoticon here). I have been really surprised by how much more of a challenge things are this time. But as teenagers, it'll be Sydnie giving us a run for our money, and Parker will be a breeze, right? Haha.

ANYWAY, other than our adventures in newborn baby-hood, all is well! I have finally started venturing out with both babies... ALONE. It can get a little hairy, but I manage. The countdown to Spring Training has officially started... about 3 weeks to go! I can tell Matt is getting excited. And I have lost 3 pounds! WOO HOO!!

I took these pictures the other day...
(Sydnie, 15 months, and Parker, 5 weeks. By the way, Parks was 10 pounds, 10 ounces the other day!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment