Friday, December 31, 2010

So Long, 2010

It's hard to believe we are in our last day of the year. I'm feeling full of reflection as I look back on what seems like such a whirlwind of a year, full of blessings, and lots and lots of trials. It's funny to me that while going through those trials, it never dawns on you that, "Gee, this is rough, but I'm gonna learn a lot from this." You just get through it, grow from it, learn a lesson, and move on. It's not until a day like today where I have a little time to think, amidst the chaos of life with a 2 year-old learning to pee on the potty, and a 1 year-old who's popping out two top molars, that I realize what a real doozy 2010 was.

But it wasn't all bad. Like I said, there were blessings too. I've watched my babies grow into toddlers. I've relearned what it is to be a good wife to my husband. I've learned how important it is not to lose sight of what is real and good. I've decided that I don't care where I live, as long as I have my sweet family there with me, then all is right in the world. And that is just naming a few.

I am going to keep this short, but just want to share a couple of my New Year's Resolutions:
1. Read more
2. Blog more
3. Work harder on my relationship with God
4. Show my husband how much I truly love him. Every day.
5. Be more active with my kids
6. Don't sweat the small stuff

Happy New Year to you all! Here's to a 2011 full of love, health, and happiness, full of blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment