Well, clearly, I popped. Our baby girl blessed us with her arrival on October 6th, 2011. And I owe you a very long and detailed birth story! I just love birth stories. But to it all justice, it'll have to wait, so that I can really compose my thoughts and write it well. But just to let you know... she is AMAZING. Fills my heart more and more every day with love and joy.
Sydnie and Parker and just as wild and rambunctious as ever. The are getting more funny and smart with each day, and I can only just marvel at the things that come out of those little mouths. Sydnie is the girliest of girls. Everything is flowers, kittens, princesses, dollies, and make believe. She loves to help me cook, and take care of her baby sister. She often says, "When I'm big, I can [fill in the blank] just like you!" It's really so sweet. But the magical age of 3 has also brought out the sass and vinegar that sometimes drives me to drink.
Parker is as rough and tumble as ever. We went through a brief phase in which it seemed that he had a new injury every week. Something was bloodied, bruised, or swollen. I'm glad that's over. He has either gained more control of his limbs, or he's just gotten tougher. Either way, I appreciate the down time. He loves anything having to do with trains, cars, baseball, dinosaurs, and Mickey Mouse. He blows me away with his little brain sometimes. He counts, knows the alphabet, sings songs without help or prompting. It's amazing.
I am, just as always, scrambling this time of year to make it all happen: find us a short term, pet friendly rental in the city that Matt will play in for the season, furnish the place, decide whether to bring our own linens and towels and kitchen supplies, or buy all new things when we get there, or rent them. I have to tie up all loose ends behind me, have our mail forwarded, make sure the kids have all necessary clothing items that are appropriate for the climate we'll be in, lug the baby gear, and pet supplies, and then decide how to fit it all into a car already full of people. Good thing we've decided to bring two cars this year! And barring any last minute surprises, we'll head to Albuquerque, NM next week! OMG.






No comments:
Post a Comment