Thursday, June 7, 2012

Happenings

Such a busy month this has been. Well, really not "busy" by normal standards. But "busy" in that I am just trying to stay sane and survive! I have been SO tired by the end of the day lately, that I have skipped dessert most nights. Anyone who knows me knows how insane THAT sounds. I know, I know. Huge. But that, and the Arizona heat, and just running around after these kids all day have all helped me drop a few more leftover post-Quinn pounds. For the record, I have only 4 to go until I'm back to my pre-kids weight! WOO! I still have lots of work to do getting it all toned back up, but one step at a time, huh?

The kids are doing great, but are probably a little bored during the week most of the time. I try to get us out of the house once a day, but it usually ends up being more like every other day. Today we went to SEA LIFE Arizona, and had a great time! I love finding good, stimulating, INDOOR activities like that. We'll definitely go back! They are learning so much, and I'm sometimes blown away by the things they know and say. Sydnie asked me about America tonight, and if we could go there. So, we pulled up a map, and had a little preschool style geography session. She is also really grasping letters and letter sounds lately, and she LOVES to show me things she learns with her alphabet computer. Parker is never far behind. I've always said he learned to talk before he even walked. He's really a smart little guy! And with a big sister who loves to learn, he'll do just fine! We're starting to narrow down our year-long preschool search, and plan to start them both this Fall. We talk about school all the time! They can't wait.

Quinn turned 8 months-old yesterday! Which reminds me that I'm late posting her monthly update picture on Facebook! She is such a funny, energetic little thing. She's never been a great napper, but has recently started sleeping ALL the way through the night. I'm talking 12-14 hours per night. It's GLORIOUS.

I'm starting to prep for a trip to New Jersey to visit Matt this weekend. His birthday is on Sunday, and my sweet in-laws suggested I go visit while they watch the kids! I am blown away by them! I've procrastinated getting things organized for my time away, but I'm pretty seasoned at packing under pressure. I think I'm mostly still in denial that I'm actually going to be traveling alone.

On that note, I should get a list started ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment