Yesterday I had a routine visit with Dr. Benezra. It was one of the quicker visits I've ever had at that office. There was hardly anyone in the waiting room, I was called back right away, and was seen as soon as I was in an exam room. I kept smiling to myself about how much these appointments have changed. While I was pregnant with Sydnie, my trips to see Dr. Benezra were relaxing, and quiet, and I didn't need to pack a diaper bag before hand, or make sure someone else was all taken care of before I headed out the door. Syd was good during the appointment, and I made sure to have a bottle ready right when the doctor came in, so we could get down to business without any interruptions. I told Dr. Benezra how paranoid I had been feeling about this new baby. I told him that I was having a hard time believing that there was actually a baby in there, and that I had still been having strange dreams about twins and triplets. (YIKES. Could you even imagine?!) He listened for the baby's heartbeat using a doppler, and said with a winking eye, "Well, I don't hear a heartbeat, so I'm going to have to order an ultrasound." I must've looked completely blindsided, so he explained that he DID hear a heartbeat, but he had to have a reason to order an ultrasound that was not required... he couldn't just give me one because I had been having bad dreams. I thanked him a million times over :-) So down the hallway we went. Maria the ultrasound tech found Baby right away, and we watched the little one jump and kick around all over the place. It was such a relief to see that everything was perfectly fine, and that there was indeed a baby in there. And here "it" is:
So, all is well with the Chico children and their mama. Now all bets are on... will "it" be a boy or a girl? (My money's on boy).






I am so happy for you beautiful! God truly has blessed you because you are well-deserving!
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking BOY too!!!!!! :) Cant wait till you find out! Glad to hear everything is coming along just great. I'm right there with you with having feelings "if there is REALLY a baby in there"... cant wait to see you! Miss you guys!
ReplyDelete