Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Home Stretch

I'm 32 weeks this week! (Mom, that equals 8 months). I can't believe how quickly the last couple weeks have gone by. I'm feeling VERY big, and remember this point with Sydnie, thinking there was no way 2 more months of growth could possibly fit in this belly. Well, miraculously, it does. I'm getting heartburn just thinking about it, actually. I've been told by people while I'm out and about, "WOW! You're just about to pop!" No, no. I've got EIGHT MORE WEEKS! Hard to believe by looking at me, but it's true.

I have just started panicking (just a little) about the fact that we have NOTHING ready for this child! And because I still have buyer's remorse about all the clothes that were bought for Sydnie and never worn, I've been VERY selective about what I add to Parker's wardrobe. I had frilly outfits with matching shoes, and coordinating hairbows for Syd, and realized quickly that you need pajamas, and onesies for such tiny babies. But still, there's A LOT to do before this little guy makes his debut!

We've dedicated Thursday (tomorrow) to starting the painting prep in the baby's room. We'll be turning our guestroom into a multi-functional room, where Parker will sleep, and all of his things will be kept, but the big bed will stay in there in case we need to accommodate incoming family... at least for the next year or so. We'll paint, and do some decorating, but there won't be a crib in the room until we come home from the 2010 baseball season. Parks will be so little still when we leave for the season, that he'll stay in the Pack 'n Play until we come home. Then, Sydnie will get a new bedroom set, and Parks will get the crib. So, hopefully in the next week or so, I'll have some pictures to share of the "new nursery".

I had an appointment with Dr. Benezra on Monday, and everything went really well. I had my "growth ultrasound", where the baby's body parts are measured, and an estimation in size is given. Everything looks great, and little mister (who showed us ONCE AGAIN that there is no mistaking the fact that he is, indeed, a mister) looks healthy! We got some great pictures once Parker decided to move his little arms from in front of his face! I'd say he looks just like Sydnie, although he some awfully big and pouty lips that Sydnie doesn't have. But the little nose and chubby cheeks are there for sure! Parks was trying to suck his fingers during the ultrasound, and looked to be drinking some amniotic fluid (YUM!) too. I could go on and on, but I'll just post the pictures!!





No comments:

Post a Comment