Let me back up. Matt had a great Spring Training. He is back to feeling like himself again, and has even gained a few MPH on his fastball, which is so exciting. But most importantly, he FELT good. He also, despite one not-so-pretty outing, pitched really well. After his not-so-pretty outing, he was sent down to minor league camp to play with the Syracuse Chiefs (AAA) for the season. He continued to pitch well, and we began making arrangements to live in Syracuse. Spring Training was coming to a close, and we planned to start the drive up north on Sunday the 3rd (Easter Sunday, actually). I was busily getting things packed, when he called me from the field on Saturday morning to tell me that he had been sent down AGAIN. We both felt a whole variety of emotions, ranging from frustrated to hurt to furious. There was just no explanation for this that we could think of. But obviously, these things are out of our control, and there was nothing that we could do other than be mad. I wish I could a little more into detail, but to write about all the politics publicly would be disrespectful. So, our route changed, and we headed to Harrisburg, PA.
Matt is looking forward to his first start of the season in Bowie, MD on Monday. The babies and I will drive out to Bowie (about 2 hours away) to watch the game and stay the night. We are all really looking forward to seeing Daddy!
This week has been a great experience for me, despite the fact that I could use a hand! I feel a new level of confidence as a mom of two under two. I'm sure by the end of the season, I'll need a few days at the spa!






Good luck Steph! Your a strong lady!
ReplyDelete