Saturday, April 16, 2011

Phew!

So, I owe you lots of explanation. We are, in fact, in Syracuse, NY. Syracuse, where it is cold and dreary, and there's little green to be seen as far as I can see. It's still Winter here, really. Quite a change from our sunny and bright, 85 degree weather in Florida. But the kids and I are having fun wearing our "Boops and chackets" for a change. But we're getting a little case of cabin fever. It's not that cold, but it's not warm enough to spend hours at the park, swinging on swings. So we sit. We color, and watch movies, and read books, and I just bought our first official batch of Play-Doh (Lord, help me). And we'll start going to My Gym next week. Oh, and there's been a little baseball. We finally made it to our first game of the season on Thursday (the team was on the road for the first week, and the home opener on Wednesday was rained out). It was fun to see some familiar faces, and a couple new faces as well. And I'm, of course, missing some faces from seasons past, but alas, thus is the life. Saying goodbye to some, while you gain some new.

Now let me back up. We were sent to Harrisburg, yes. But three days after "the demotion", a little angel reached out to Matt. Without getting into too much detail, this angel believes in Matt so much, that he stuck his neck out for him, and got Matt back to AAA. Matt isn't starting the year as a starting pitcher, but will be in the bullpen for the unforeseeable future. But we're okay with it. It's been an adjustment to say the least, getting started for him. It is, after all, a completely new way of thinking for a man who has always looked at the game one way. But I truly believe that he will not only "get it", but will embrace it fully, and excel. I pray for this for him.

So we are here. We were able to get our awesome apartment back, just in the nick of time. We got furniture rented, and cancelled my last minute plans in Harrisburg. And everything worked out just fine. It always does.

Moving out of the house was an adventure. Thank God for Garrett Mock (our good friend who has been playing with Matt for years. They were traded to the Nationals from the Diamondbacks together, and he and his wife have been wonderful friends to us through the years. Garrett is actually living with us in our second bedroom at the apartment too) who truly got us through our moving debacle gracefully, and humorously. Almost everything we own is inside of 3, 16 foot PODs that are sitting at a PODs facility in Melbourne, FL. And as soon as we are ready for them, they'll be driven out to Arizona. Our house still hasn't sold, but we are trying to stay positive and patient.

I am looking more and more pregnant by the day, but am still in the "awkward stage", where strangers aren't sure if I'm just a little chubby around the middle, or pregnant. There's definitely a baby in there though. It still hits me at different times that this is actually for real. We are actually having another baby. It's kind of surreal still. While there is little time to just sit quietly, and feel my tiny baby move inside of me, I have managed to feel a few of those first flips and bubbles. It never gets old. How could it? It's always been a miraculous thing to me. To be nourishing this tiny creature, as it grows, and moves, and swallows, and grimaces (probably at the shrieks and loud noises it's siblings produce all. day. long.). And even after this chapter in my life's book closes- when I am beyond my child-bearing years, I will still be amazed by the little lives that God chose to bless me with. And seeing a pregnant belly on one of my friends will still leave me in awe, and probably make me ache a little bit. This baby, our big little surprise, is such a blessing!

And we'll know what "it" is SOON! On the 27th, we'll drive over an hour to see our little fetus in 3d, and will (assuming Baby cooperates) find out whether I can shop for blue or pink!! I'm SO excited.

Matt and I think there's a girl in there, but will welcome either whole-heartedly! I'll be counting the days ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment