Sunday, September 11, 2011

It's been so long since I last posted, and SO much has happened since then. It would be too difficult to sun it all up without a few chapters, so I'll bullet point the important stuff.

  • We're having a baby GIRL!!!! My actual due date is only 4 weeks away. 29 days to be exact (but who's counting?) I doubt I'll make it that far. As anxious as I am to meet this little person, and have my belly back to myself, I am savoring these last days with her inside of me. She's quiet, easy to take care of, and for the most part, lets me sleep. And I have really, actually, enjoyed this pregnancy fully. I think the realization that this will be my last has had me appreciate it so much more. (Not that I didn't appreciate it before. I was always just so anxious to be done). I've embraced the changes I see in my body, and realize that the scale can tell me whatever it wants... I will lose the baby weight. I always do. My baby is growing healthy inside of me, and if that means I have to gain 35+ pounds, then so be it. This is how MY body does pregnancy. And her sweet kicks and punches are just incredibly precious. I'll miss it.
  • Matt came home at the end of July. Disappointing and saddening... and maddening season to say the least. Those who know us well know the story. There's really no reason to rehash it all. He'll play Winter Ball this December in the Domincan Republic. I'm trying not to think about how challenging and sad it will be to have him away for 6 weeks during that time of the year. Definitely trying to focus on the positive that can/WILL come of his efforts. I believe in him SO MUCH.
  • Sydnie and Parker are amazing. Just growing and changing, and developing the most adorable and funny personalities. As tired as I am these days, it is such a joy to watch them learn and play... and learn and play together... and fight together too. But what are siblings for? :-)
  • We are mostly all moved into our little condo/townhouse in Tempe, AZ. We love it here. It's small(er) for us, but it's all we need. It's quiet, and cute, and we're happy. We're learning to deal with the heat as the summer wraps itself up. And we're in love with the scenery, and the area we're in. We look forward to starting our search for the area where we'll permanently settle down, but for now, we're staying put. It's fun to dream/talk about what we want in our next house, and where it will be. We'll see!!

So that's about it! Lots to come in the next few weeks. We can't wait to meet our Quinny Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment